Author Topic: FacePunch Me  (Read 239783 times)

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
Re: FacePunch Me
« Reply #800 on: February 19, 2018, 10:50:56 AM »
I'm painfully tempted to replace my 4-year-old Uggs. I bought them so that I could wear them forever (I was walking the soles off cheaper boots), but after the many and varied snowstorms last week, I cannot get them clean. I've tried cleaning them 4 times, and the salt crystals just keep growing back (sparkly!). After this last time, the dye started leaching and the suede is starting to look and feel damaged. I've thought about getting them professionally cleaned, but since the suede is probably damaged, I feel like it would almost cost as much as a new on-sale pair anyway (and I can't find a place to do it that is a) reasonable distance, and b) doesn't have a ton of bad reviews). Going to try cleaning them (very gently!) one last time, but after that I need to start consider professional cleaning/repair or replacement.

(I'd love to wear more weather-durable, less ugly boots. However, due hardware in my foot, they're pretty much the only thing I can wear. And compared to my summer shoes--mostly Velcro sneakers--they're downright classy.)

TheGrimSqueaker

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
  • www.theliveinlandlord.com
    • The Live-In Landlord
« Reply #801 on: February 19, 2018, 12:13:18 PM »

2. After that, we spent another 1250,- on curtains for the living room (which we saw while browsing on the way back from buying the matras). To be fair, the current curtains are quite literally falling apart and were free because they were part of the house when we bought it. They work but that about says it all, even my mom (who is quite on the mustachian spectrum) asked me if the curtains were getting a refit?!

Here's your face punch. That's ridiculous. I have 6 windows and one gigantic bay window in my house. I figure the only windows that need curtains is the bedroom so I don't flash the neighbors. I bought two sets off Amazon, they're $17 a pop. Here they are.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CS31NV6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for $1200 I could have gotten curtains for SEVENTY windows.

The price is fairly steep and I've found I can competently dress a window for much less, yet I think window coverings are important.

I like to get the full value out of my flooring, furniture, art, and textiles. Sunlight literally acts as bleach, eating through everything it touches. It will discolor wood and lighten cloth, family photos, and rugs. I can get 20-25 years out of even mediocre carpet if it isn't bleached by the sun. If the sun gets at it, where I live the carpet will literally be falling apart (as in, chunks come up in the vacuum) in 8-10 years. My dad and I just sanded, filled, re-stained and re-veneered the wooden windowsills, which had the finish blistered off and cracks in them due to sun exposure.

That doesn't mean there have to be curtains specifically (you may be able to meet your needs with just blinds or even a folded blanket), it just means that letting light stream into a room to save money on curtains may be penny-wise but pound-foolish.

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #802 on: February 19, 2018, 12:50:03 PM »

2. After that, we spent another 1250,- on curtains for the living room (which we saw while browsing on the way back from buying the matras). To be fair, the current curtains are quite literally falling apart and were free because they were part of the house when we bought it. They work but that about says it all, even my mom (who is quite on the mustachian spectrum) asked me if the curtains were getting a refit?!

Here's your face punch. .......

The price is fairly steep and I've found I can competently dress a window for much less, yet I think window coverings are important.........

That doesn't mean there have to be curtains specifically (you may be able to meet your needs with just blinds or even a folded blanket), it just means that letting light stream into a room to save money on curtains may be penny-wise but pound-foolish.

Well, that's good info to have for the future. I have no carpet, I ripped it all out. And the hardwood, where it doesn't have completely different mismatched wood, is scuffed and scratched and dented( towards the good side of damage) and have holes and termite damage (at the bad end of damage.)  It was that way when I moved in and I haven't bothered doing much with it, because I knew I was going to replace boards, patch holes, sand, and stain it all anyway when I finally finished a long list of renovations. This way, I didn't have to baby it while we're dragging construction equipment back and forth. I may get round to it next year.  And when I do, I'll buy another 4 sets of curtains for less than $20 each.

PS I don't believe in owning art or throw pillows. On the former, the clutter bothers me. On the latter, my dogs eat them and they aren't at all actually functional.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
  • www.theliveinlandlord.com
    • The Live-In Landlord
« Reply #803 on: February 19, 2018, 02:52:50 PM »

Here's your face punch. .......

The price is fairly steep and I've found I can competently dress a window for much less, yet I think window coverings are important.........

Well, that's good info to have for the future. I have no carpet, I ripped it all out. And the hardwood, where it doesn't have completely different mismatched wood, is scuffed and scratched and dented( towards the good side of damage) and have holes and termite damage (at the bad end of damage.)  It was that way when I moved in and I haven't bothered doing much with it, because I knew I was going to replace boards, patch holes, sand, and stain it all anyway when I finally finished a long list of renovations. This way, I didn't have to baby it while we're dragging construction equipment back and forth. I may get round to it next year.  And when I do, I'll buy another 4 sets of curtains for less than $20 each.

PS I don't believe in owning art or throw pillows. On the former, the clutter bothers me. On the latter, my dogs eat them and they aren't at all actually functional.

I don't have any throw pillows but sometimes art happens in a family. I do agree that we never completely "own" it. Also I do empathize with the dog situation: the Venomous Spaz Beast steals socks from any location she can reach and has been known to purloin sandals and shoes. She doesn't harm them; she just uses them to taunt people into a game of Catch The (now-fully-grown) Puppy.

lexde

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #804 on: February 20, 2018, 12:17:22 PM »
I have chronic back pain and on a particularly bad day last week I purchased a $130.00 back massage cushion with heat, same day shipping, from Amazon.

Did it help? Surprisingly yes. I woke up the next morning with no back pain for the first time in... a long time.

But I looked on OfferUp and found the same models for half price or less because people stop using them after a while. *cue facepunch*

I’m returning the item this week. It was an impulsive and ill-advised choice. If I really need one, then I’ll purchase used, because I should have done that to begin with.

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #805 on: February 20, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »
We just ordered furniture from Ikea.

marcela

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #806 on: February 21, 2018, 06:59:30 AM »

I feel like this needs context. Was it furniture you didn't need, purchased to replace things you just bought last year? Did you order it for delivery instead of going to the store and picking it up yourself despite living across the street?

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #807 on: February 22, 2018, 03:31:15 PM »

I feel like this needs context. Was it furniture you didn't need, purchased to replace things you just bought last year? Did you order it for delivery instead of going to the store and picking it up yourself despite living across the street?

Haha, no. We put a lot of thought into it and bought things that truly meet our needs for work space and storage. I'm offering myself up for a facepunch because it's brand new, not from a thrift store, not homemade, actually matches, and is very fancypants compared to the old broken card table and rusty file cabinets, etc., it's replacing. Plus it's, you know, *Ikea*. And yes, we're having it delivered.

Dollar Slice

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #808 on: April 10, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
Checked Mint just now and noticed the post-sleeping-pill 1:30AM impulse online purchase of $110 worth of pharmacy items and concert tickets. Note to self: put the smartphone away after taking the meds and going to bed...

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #809 on: April 10, 2018, 10:35:46 AM »
Checked Mint just now and noticed the post-sleeping-pill 1:30AM impulse online purchase of $110 worth of pharmacy items and concert tickets. Note to self: put the smartphone away after taking the meds and going to bed...
Ouch!

Dollar Slice

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #810 on: April 10, 2018, 11:55:33 AM »
Ouch!

You think I would have learned my lesson after that time I bid $40 on a smurf figurine on eBay in the middle of the night. 

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #811 on: April 10, 2018, 12:12:52 PM »
Ouch!

You think I would have learned my lesson after that time I bid $40 on a smurf figurine on eBay in the middle of the night.
I've never wanted a smurf figurine until now.  Quick, I've got to go look on eBay!  :D

Dollar Slice

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #812 on: April 10, 2018, 12:52:48 PM »
Ouch!

I've never wanted a smurf figurine until now.  Quick, I've got to go look on eBay!  :D

Haha. What have I done!! ;-) 

I have a little smurf jazz sextet ("The Smurftet") that lives in my CD shelves. A couple (trumpet & bass) were gifts, some I bought secondhand for a few bucks (piano, guitar, sax) and then there was the $40 eBay purchase with the full drumkit with snare/tom/kick drums, hi-hat and ride cymbals, a stool and a mic with an adjustable mic stand. It came in a big kit that had to be assembled.

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #813 on: April 10, 2018, 01:02:33 PM »
Ouch!

Haha. What have I done!! ;-) 

I have a little smurf jazz sextet ("The Smurftet") that lives in my CD shelves. A couple (trumpet & bass) were gifts, some I bought secondhand for a few bucks (piano, guitar, sax) and then there was the $40 eBay purchase with the full drumkit with snare/tom/kick drums, hi-hat and ride cymbals, a stool and a mic with an adjustable mic stand. It came in a big kit that had to be assembled.
Oh, Jazz-bo Smurfs. Why didn't you say so? Totally different.

Laura33

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #814 on: April 11, 2018, 07:17:40 AM »
Ouch!

Thank you.  I literally laughed out loud at this. 

frugalfoothills

• Stubble
    • Bulls, Bears and Beers
« Reply #815 on: April 11, 2018, 08:30:05 AM »
I've been dying to buy a new sofa for four years. I love my home and everything in it, and I have beautiful (mostly secondhand) things that I have no desire to replace, but this monstrosity is the exception to that rule. It's also in the room that I lounge around in every single day, and beside my bed, is the item of furniture that gets the most use. And I HATE it!

It has been cheap (read: free) sitting/lounging for 4 years, but I'm SO done with it. Hate how it looks, it's too big for the space, it NEVER feels clean (no matter how much I clean it), and it's not that comfortable. I've been so tempted to just pull the trigger and replace it, but new sectionals are EXPENSIVE AF. $2k? $3k? On the LOW end??? Come on, now.

Been trolling the used markets for another (very gently) used replacement, but the room is an odd size and I've found nothing that will fit. I'm already giving myself 3,000 facepuches for this.

MrsWolfeRN

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #816 on: April 13, 2018, 07:38:44 AM »
I haven't biked to work yet this year due to cold and snow. As I was driving home yesterday I saw a very old person riding a bike up a hill. Granted the afternoon was warmer than the morning, but I still need a punch in the face for using the greenhouse gas spewing motorized wheelchair.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:41:09 AM by MrsWolfeRN »

talltexan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #817 on: April 30, 2018, 06:46:52 AM »
For all you turtle figurine people, a friend shared with me that she had a period of time in her life when she was addicted to...

...bidding on New Kids on the Block stuff on eBay. I feel like I cannot even do addiction right!

Cali

• Stubble
« Reply #818 on: May 01, 2018, 12:34:00 AM »
I bought a spiralizer after Christmas on clearance. I still haven’t used it. I see it in the closet and guilty.

honeybbq

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #819 on: May 02, 2018, 10:19:04 AM »
I'm not sure this is 100% face punch worthy, but here it goes.

We have to pay $9,000 to remove the bamboo that the previous owners put in the yard. It's going bananas, ruining the grass, springing up everywhere.  We could try to do it ourselves, but I think we'd a) ruin our backs b) be unsuccessful, and c) spend money on specialized tools we'd never use again. If you guys have never heard of these issues with bamboo, consider yourself lucky! It's worse than blackberries in the PNW.

We'll probably need to get some new trees/bushes to retain some privacy. So, probably looking at 12k all in.

SIGH.

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #820 on: May 03, 2018, 07:24:17 AM »
There is no way the special tools would exceed 9k, so this sounds like a purely (time and effort) issue you've rationalized the 9k for. Also, I hate grass, I wish the ivy in my yard would take it over, kill it, and I'd never have to mow again.

I think so long as you're not in debt in the first place, and not taking on debt to pay the 9k, and you realize that you are trading what a future 9k could be savings wise... it's ok to make this decision.

If you are in debt, taking on debt, then-

FACE PUNCH

honeybbq

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #821 on: May 03, 2018, 09:47:45 AM »
There is no way the special tools would exceed 9k, so this sounds like a purely (time and effort) issue you've rationalized the 9k for. Also, I hate grass, I wish the ivy in my yard would take it over, kill it, and I'd never have to mow again.

I think so long as you're not in debt in the first place, and not taking on debt to pay the 9k, and you realize that you are trading what a future 9k could be savings wise... it's ok to make this decision.

FACE PUNCH

No the tools wouldn't cost 9k. That's true.  Some of the required tools are very bamboo specific (e.g. a slammer??) We can easily afford this. It's also going to take 3 weeks of back breaking work to do it (we are not in our 20s) and we also don't have the knowledge and expertise regarding bamboo. I guess it will come back rather quickly if you don't get it all and take care of the roots properly. We probably could do it if we have no other choice, but I have other plans for my summer so it is definitely a rationalization. :p

The one cool thing is apparently they take the cut down bamboo and take it to the zoo and feed it to the rhinos. Happy expensive dinner! lol

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #822 on: May 04, 2018, 06:11:26 AM »
I don't get this thread. I've offered two facepunches and then folks come to defend themselves or others. Did you want a facepunch or did you want to absolve yourself with a confession?

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #823 on: May 04, 2018, 08:35:04 AM »

FACE PUNCH

No the tools wouldn't cost 9k. That's true.  Some of the required tools are very bamboo specific (e.g. a slammer??) We can easily afford this. It's also going to take 3 weeks of back breaking work to do it (we are not in our 20s) and we also don't have the knowledge and expertise regarding bamboo. I guess it will come back rather quickly if you don't get it all and take care of the roots properly. We probably could do it if we have no other choice, but I have other plans for my summer so it is definitely a rationalization. :p

The one cool thing is apparently they take the cut down bamboo and take it to the zoo and feed it to the rhinos. Happy expensive dinner! lol
Dear God, please tell us you got multiple estimates? And your property is a huge parcel? And you received a guarantee of free removal for the next ten years when it regenerates? And a guarantee that they won't go out of business? Sorry, absent extenuating circumstances not described above, there's no way this is anything but full facepunch worthy. I'm with you @Mesmoiselle!

To clarify, I can understand not wanting to do the work, but throwing so much money at bamboo makes me think someone's doing some fancy bamboozle-ing.

honeybbq

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #824 on: May 04, 2018, 10:00:02 AM »
I don't get this thread. I've offered two facepunches and then folks come to defend themselves or others. Did you want a facepunch or did you want to absolve yourself with a confession?

Both.  There's logic and rationalization behind EVERY puchase. Face punch worthy or not. I was just explaining the circumstances.

Please suggest an alternative??
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:39:33 AM by honeybbq »

honeybbq

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #825 on: May 04, 2018, 10:02:47 AM »
Dicey - yes, we went with the mid range estimate. They've been in business for a long time. IT would be a great scam if they sold AND removed bamboo. hahah. As long as people still plant this stuff, they'll still be in business.

I mean, they quoted 3 weeks of work (not 8 hours a day). I dunno, I guess we'll see. I live in downtown Seattle. It is NOT a huge parcel of land. More like a postage stamp. 

It does have a guarantee at least.

Not sure what my other options are. I honestly don't think I could pull the bamboo quickly enough (without quitting my job) to get it taken care of. It grows like a wildfire. You can punch all you want, it is nuts, but I want to make sure all the facts are in evidence.

Was also hoping someone else could commiserate!!! lol
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:04:43 AM by honeybbq »

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #826 on: May 06, 2018, 01:51:15 AM »

Both.  There's logic and rationalization behind EVERY puchase. Face punch worthy or not. I was just explaining the circumstances.

Turn your entire yard over to the bamboo and have a bamboo forest. 

I have seen it here (just north of you).  Especially effective if you are close to real "wild" nature areas, then a less manicured yard  / with a slope, is good to go.

Otherwise, I would hire someone with a mini backhoe to dig up about 5 feet down of ground,  you sift through the soil  (put it through a mesh screen) to find the roots, and discard and put the soil back.  Next.   

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #827 on: May 06, 2018, 02:16:51 AM »

Buy or rent a panda?

talltexan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #828 on: May 11, 2018, 07:34:26 AM »
Dicey - yes, we went with the mid range estimate. They've been in business for a long time. IT would be a great scam if they sold AND removed bamboo. hahah. As long as people still plant this stuff, they'll still be in business.

I mean, they quoted 3 weeks of work (not 8 hours a day). I dunno, I guess we'll see. I live in downtown Seattle. It is NOT a huge parcel of land. More like a postage stamp. 

It does have a guarantee at least.

Not sure what my other options are. I honestly don't think I could pull the bamboo quickly enough (without quitting my job) to get it taken care of. It grows like a wildfire. You can punch all you want, it is nuts, but I want to make sure all the facts are in evidence.

Was also hoping someone else could commiserate!!! lol

I think they TELL you they are feeding it to rhinos, but they are really sneaking around at night planting it in other peoples' yards to create more business for themselves. Save a facepunch for flim-flammers in the bamboo-removal business, guys!

Mesmoiselle

• Bristles
« Reply #829 on: May 13, 2018, 08:39:17 AM »
@honeybbq

I LOLed at the Panda suggestion.

But as others mentioned:

Embracing Bamboo over grass.(free initial cost, maintence you may have to do yourself?)
Renting a back hoe and sifting the dirt yourself ( LEss than 9k, that's for sure.)
Renting a back hoe to carry most of your bamboo filled yard away, then have a dumptruck bring you a new yard (dirt) Install grass.  (unaware of cost altogether.)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #830 on: May 22, 2018, 01:54:24 PM »
Careful giving the yard over. About 10 years ago, we had to do some major foundation work on my grandma's house, because the bamboo found the small cracks and caused major havoc. It's very, very aggressive here in the PNW. After the foundation was fixed, we used a backhoe to do basically what Goldielocks said, and then we ended up trenching out with a deep strip and putting in a really deep reaching wall underground to prevent it from getting up close to the house again. Fucking miserable summer of work from multiple relatives. Bomboo is the devil, and anyone who plants it up here without putting it in a totally sealed trench has a billion negative karma points to cleanse from their soul.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #831 on: June 22, 2018, 07:44:06 AM »
I went to Mellow Mushroom and bought a large pizza.

I took a bite and was like, "Oh, yes! Oh, Lawdy, yes!"

Facepunch away.

Miss Piggy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #832 on: June 22, 2018, 02:05:57 PM »

Facepunch away.

Hey, at least you didn't buy the extra large. THAT would have been over the top.

jinga nation

• Pencil Stache
  • Left, Right, Peddlin' Shite
« Reply #833 on: June 22, 2018, 02:15:46 PM »

Facepunch away.
Mellow Mushroom... aww hell naw! I'm not giving you a FP, I love that place. I'd call that a reward for being good.

Good craft beers on tap, good pizza and hoagies, good vibes!

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #834 on: June 25, 2018, 06:24:53 AM »
This place has gotten soft. I'm so very disappointed in all of you.

...I still have one tasty slice left.

jinga nation

• Pencil Stache
  • Left, Right, Peddlin' Shite
« Reply #835 on: June 26, 2018, 05:41:15 AM »

I'd have given you a FP if you had ingredients for a pizza in the house, an oven, and electricity, but still ordered shitty pizza like HangryHuwies/Duminoes/PapJons/PitzaHutt.
Or if you went to MM everyday.
Hope you enjoyed that leftover slice for breakfast with some nice coffee.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #836 on: June 26, 2018, 09:41:44 AM »

I'd have given you a FP if you had ingredients for a pizza in the house, an oven, and electricity, but still ordered shitty pizza like HangryHuwies/Duminoes/PapJons/PitzaHutt.
Or if you went to MM everyday.
Hope you enjoyed that leftover slice for breakfast with some nice coffee.

That last slice was for lunch yesterday, and I'm pretty sure a choir of angels sang while I chomped down.

You're right, I get take out once or twice a month and the last time I had MM was...probably around this time last year. I will accept your generosity and forgiveness of my pizza sins.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #837 on: June 27, 2018, 08:07:28 AM »
I just spent almost 50$ on 2x 16oz bottles of fancy all-purpose soap. The same brand I usually buy for cheaper, and already overpriced, in stores, but hey, they are seasonal scents! If I don't buy them online and have them sent from Cali I'll miss out!
Well yes, I AM ashamed of myself.

PMG

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #838 on: June 27, 2018, 08:12:42 AM »
I just spent almost 50$ on 2x 16oz bottles of fancy all-purpose soap. The same brand I usually buy for cheaper, and already overpriced, in stores, but hey, they are seasonal scents! If I don't buy them online and have them sent from Cali I'll miss out!

Money down the drain. 

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #839 on: June 27, 2018, 12:55:35 PM »

Money down the drain.

Personally, I'd lather spend the money on something else.

fordman302

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #840 on: July 02, 2018, 11:50:21 AM »

Money down the drain.

Nice! I logged in just to say I LOL'd at this.

Cool Friend

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #841 on: July 13, 2018, 09:44:32 AM »
Went to a rock show last night and spent quite bit more than is reasonable on beer (the venue's markup even on cheap beer is heavy).  I had a good time and danced my ass off, but I probably would have had as much fun not drinking beer, too.  I feel kinda dumb about it.

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #842 on: July 17, 2018, 02:48:05 PM »

Money down the drain.

Nice! I logged in just to say I LOL'd at this.

Thanks. Every now and then I think up a good, clean pun.

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #843 on: July 27, 2018, 10:53:26 AM »
I just bought a nonrefundable bus ticket for the wrong date. Leaves in an hour, so it's too short notice to even give it away probably.

I was just going over my credit card statement beating myself up for spending too much lately too.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:56:13 AM by neophyte »

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #844 on: August 21, 2018, 12:09:24 PM »
Maybe this isn't too bad.  I purchased a practice chanter (and instruction book) to learn . . . the bagpipes!  So far the damage is only a little over 100 bucks.  Next up, however, after I complete my course of self instruction, real bagpipes.  And a kilt.  $$$

eljefe-speaks

• Stubble
« Reply #845 on: August 22, 2018, 01:26:44 PM »
Maybe this isn't too bad.  I purchased a practice chanter (and instruction book) to learn . . . the bagpipes!  So far the damage is only a little over 100 bucks.  Next up, however, after I complete my course of self instruction, real bagpipes.  And a kilt.  $$$

That actually sounds pretty rad. Sorry, facepunch from me is withheld.

talltexan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #846 on: August 23, 2018, 09:20:32 AM »

I think this is awesome. Definitely rent the bagpipes before you buy. Nothing worse than having some big, expensive musical instrument just laying around because your spouse threatens to leave if you keep playing it.

Bagpipes are cheap, divorces are expensive.

Mel70

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Puppy
« Reply #847 on: August 23, 2018, 03:11:27 PM »
I'm stressing out about paying for school registrations, back to school stuff, paying off cc in full after nice vacation... but I adopted a puppy.

talltexan

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Puppy
« Reply #848 on: August 24, 2018, 07:05:35 AM »
I'm stressing out about paying for school registrations, back to school stuff, paying off cc in full after nice vacation... but I adopted a puppy.

This is the perfect thread for you, Mel70!

better late

• Stubble
« Reply #849 on: August 24, 2018, 09:11:27 AM »
I just bought a nonrefundable bus ticket for the wrong date. Leaves in an hour, so it's too short notice to even give it away probably.

I was just going over my credit card statement beating myself up for spending too much lately too.

We have made a few booking mistakes in the last year. Couple of hundred dollars of change fees each on airlines tickets. the dawning realization is an awful feeling.