Author Topic: FacePunch Me  (Read 128644 times)

jinga nation

• Pencil Stache
  • Left, Right, Peddlin' Shite
Re: FacePunch Me
« Reply #600 on: January 20, 2017, 06:52:07 AM »
I just spent close to $7 at McDonalds for the novelty of "all-day breakfast" + bottle of water(!!! - this is the biggest sin of all) because I had finished a presentation feeling hungry, thirsty and gave up finding a fountain.

I hate the magical power of those golden arches.
If I genuinely enjoy my profession and workplace, is there a reason to FIRE? Keep Calm and Carry On Milking.

Carlin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #601 on: January 21, 2017, 03:02:01 PM »
Last night I accepted 2 free kittens on a whim, and proceeded to spend about $60 getting a litter box, toys, giant bag of food, dishes, carrier, and litter.  (And a frozen pizza)  I will also have to get both of them fixed, and pay a $200 pet deposit on my apartment.  I will say though, they are freaking adorable, and it is tempering my baby fever.

Kitsunegari

• Bristles
  • Penny wise, pound foolish
« Reply #602 on: January 23, 2017, 09:48:51 AM »
After weeks, nay, months of lust I bought myself the AG sweatshirt endorsed by MsPeacock. To add damage, I bought a "Stadium blanket" as well. Ooops!
Nothing happens in contrast with Nature, only in contradiction of what we know of it.

Penny McSave

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #603 on: January 23, 2017, 10:05:51 AM »
Last night I accepted 2 free kittens on a whim, and proceeded to spend about $60 getting a litter box, toys, giant bag of food, dishes, carrier, and litter.  (And a frozen pizza)  I will also have to get both of them fixed, and pay a $200 pet deposit on my apartment.  I will say though, they are freaking adorable, and it is tempering my baby fever.

Pics or it didn't happen! ;D

You are excused from this. The sorcery of cuteness is impossible to resist when you've got double the fuzzy.

TheGrimSqueaker

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: A desert wasteland, where none but the weird survive
  • www.theliveinlandlord.com
    • The Live-In Landlord
« Reply #604 on: January 23, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »

You are excused from this. The sorcery of cuteness is impossible to resist when you've got double the fuzzy.

Carlin cannot be excused without *first* posting a picture, so that we can all partake of the "squeee!".
I squeak softly, but carry a big schtick.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #605 on: January 23, 2017, 12:38:04 PM »
Stopped at a granola/vegan/paleo/juicery place on the way to work and got a $15.50 acai bowl. I discovered them (at Coffee & Art in the Gaslamp District) on a business trip in San Diego and fell in love. This one was good, but cost twice as much as the San Diego at about 2/3 the size. It was a one-time thing. I found frozen acai pulp at Trader Joe's so now I can make my own.

I don't feel too badly about it, since every person after me was greeted by name, meaning they buy the $11 juices, $15 bowls, and $8 coffees frequently.
My Cleverly Titled Journal: http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/cleverly-titled-journal/
My Cat's Facebook Page (yes, really, and I'm not above begging for likes): www.facebook.com/chicagotau
Tau now has an Instagram: www.instagram.com/chicagotau or #chicagotau
Ting referral ($25 credit!): https://zds8505smfe.ting.com/
Discover referral ($50 now and $50 after your first year!): https://refer.discover.com/s/gv3ma

Carlin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #606 on: January 23, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »

Carlin cannot be excused without *first* posting a picture, so that we can all partake of the "squeee!".

Okay, here you guys go, this is Soren and Hypatia:

Penny McSave

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #607 on: January 24, 2017, 04:48:12 PM »
Appropriate meme attached. :D

Dollar Slice

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #608 on: January 26, 2017, 12:32:54 PM »
My budget for January is a disaster. I'm overbudget in food AND entertainment AND miscellaneous, to the tune of $300. :-(  And these are generous budgets where I usually come in underbudget. And the ridiculous thing is that I've had this "I shouldn't spend money" feeling all month because of job instability. WTF happened, self!? The month isn't even over yet! I still have a couple of things that might be expensive (like taking my parents out on Sunday).

$100+ in restaurant spending that was entirely stupid/poor planning/lack of willpower.
$120 for new shoes that I really needed.
$150+ unplanned charitable donations.
$120 renewing my webhosting (forgot to plan for that).
$70 gifts (didn't really plan for it).
$100 annual membership (but I feel good about that one since it will save me money in the long run).

My monthly budget is set up to absorb some of these things, but not all at once, I guess. I feel bad every time I see my Mint home page.
...it's not at all alarming that people have started quoting me in their siggy lines.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #609 on: January 26, 2017, 01:09:28 PM »
Sunk cost. No guilt. What will you do differently in February?

Dollar Slice

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #610 on: January 26, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »

I don't think most of it will be at risk of popping up again. Definitely no new shoes, no gifts, no webhosting renewals, and probably no annual memberships (I think I've already renewed everything I need). I'm OK with making charitable donations as I feel necessary. The restaurant spending is the only one that really requires willpower and I'm usually pretty good at that.

Thinking about changing my food and misc categories in Mint to rolling over month to month. That way I could have lean months that make up for spendier months and not feel like I'm a Very Bad Person if my spending is lumpy. I always figured food and misc were categories where you didn't need to bother with that, unlike e.g. electric/heat which is very seasonal. But with lower/tighter budgets where one big blowout dinner is a substantial portion of your monthly food budget, it probably makes sense...?
...it's not at all alarming that people have started quoting me in their siggy lines.

marcela

• Bristles
« Reply #611 on: January 26, 2017, 01:52:11 PM »

I don't think most of it will be at risk of popping up again. Definitely no new shoes, no gifts, no webhosting renewals, and probably no annual memberships (I think I've already renewed everything I need). I'm OK with making charitable donations as I feel necessary. The restaurant spending is the only one that really requires willpower and I'm usually pretty good at that.

Thinking about changing my food and misc categories in Mint to rolling over month to month. That way I could have lean months that make up for spendier months and not feel like I'm a Very Bad Person if my spending is lumpy. I always figured food and misc were categories where you didn't need to bother with that, unlike e.g. electric/heat which is very seasonal. But with lower/tighter budgets where one big blowout dinner is a substantial portion of your monthly food budget, it probably makes sense...?
Basically all my categories on Mint are set to roll over. I'll go in and reset the rollover to $0 when it gets too big. If I go over on groceries one month, its usually because I'm stocking up on things and will be significantly under budget the next month.

Dollar Slice

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #612 on: January 26, 2017, 02:09:24 PM »
Basically all my categories on Mint are set to roll over. I'll go in and reset the rollover to $0 when it gets too big. If I go over on groceries one month, its usually because I'm stocking up on things and will be significantly under budget the next month.

That makes sense. I combined all food purchases (restaurant, groceries, etc.) for similar reasons - when I first started budgeting I'd try to eat out at restaurants less, and then I kept going overbudget on groceries and feeling bad about it. But it was because I was eating at home more and spending less overall. With a combined budget I feel good about eating at home more because I see that my food spending is lower, instead of seeing higher grocery spending. (I realize it's a little irrational. I work with the psychology I've got!)

Now the question is do I punish myself by setting them to roll over now and having a $300 deficit to start with, or do I start on February 1st with a clean slate... :-)

I'm also thinking about starting a charity category instead of including that in misc. It feels weird to me to have charity linked, budgetwise, to buying new shoes or a new frying pan. I want to feel good about charity, not feel like it's a deprivation.

Goldielocks

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #613 on: January 28, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »

I'm also thinking about starting a charity category instead of including that in misc. It feels weird to me to have charity linked, budgetwise, to buying new shoes or a new frying pan. I want to feel good about charity, not feel like it's a deprivation.
[/quote]

I used to combine charity with personal shopping and dining out.   e..g,  For each dollar I spent on myself, I would spent 50 cents on charity.  It helped me reduce spending because the effective price of everything was at least 50% higher, e.g., instead of $120 pair of shoes, it was now in my mind as $180 pair of shoes... etc..   

I reasoned that if I could afford it for me, I could afford it for someone else, too.

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #614 on: January 28, 2017, 04:20:05 PM »
I just spent close to $7 at McDonalds for the novelty of "all-day breakfast" + bottle of water(!!! - this is the biggest sin of all) because I had finished a presentation feeling hungry, thirsty and gave up finding a fountain.

I mind the food far less than I mind the bottled water. They will give you ice water for No Charge with your purchase and unlimited free refills. Why order it in an expensive bottle when you totally don't have to?
I did it! I have a journal!
A Lot Like This
And hell yes, I am still moving confidently in the direction of my dreams...

Bokonon_

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #615 on: February 02, 2017, 07:06:30 AM »
So I was biking to work and it was getting quite windy, the going was slow, temperature was not up to snuff, I was a bit tired, I was already late, etc.. Just then I passed the train station and decided that I could take the train for 2 stations and give me some well-deserved rest, because! I also decided that I needed no ticket (4.70€) for such a short 5-minutes ride. Of course the conductor didn't sympathize and that cost me 60€ for myself and another 60€ for my bike. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:10:22 AM by Bokonon_ »

Playing with Fire UK

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #616 on: February 02, 2017, 10:22:57 AM »

I mind the food far less than I mind the bottled water. They will give you ice water for No Charge with your purchase and unlimited free refills. Why order it in an expensive bottle when you totally don't have to?

This isn't universal. They charge for water at my McD's.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #617 on: February 03, 2017, 10:30:00 AM »
I'm buying a bike. Mathematically, it doesn't *really* make sense- most everything I'll be biking to is 1-1.5mi away, so it'll take a LOT of trips to make up for buying a $320 bike (and I'm sure add on fenders, racks, panniers, locks, it'll add up...). OTOH, if I keep trying to park in those parking lots, I will be brought up on murder charges, so that could get expensive ;)

First bike I've had in a decade. First bike I've had that wasn't a hand me down from an older brother. I'm pretty psyched.
The Roughest Mustachian on the Nicest Block: my journal
Like babies? Have kids? Want to chat about Babies and Pregnancy? Group Journal Here.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #618 on: February 03, 2017, 10:34:09 AM »
I'm buying a bike. Mathematically, it doesn't *really* make sense- most everything I'll be biking to is 1-1.5mi away, so it'll take a LOT of trips to make up for buying a $320 bike (and I'm sure add on fenders, racks, panniers, locks, it'll add up...). OTOH, if I keep trying to park in those parking lots, I will be brought up on murder charges, so that could get expensive ;)

First bike I've had in a decade. First bike I've had that wasn't a hand me down from an older brother. I'm pretty psyched.
Awesome!  I love my bikes even though they don't make financial sense.  I think biking (and avoiding parking in crazy lots) does a lot to reduce my stress level.  I can't imagine parking at our local Whole Foods.  People circle the parking lot!

marcela

• Bristles
« Reply #619 on: February 03, 2017, 10:38:00 AM »
I bought season subscriptions to the theater in the closest big city. And added on a seasonal option show. Almost $600. This was done almost entirely on impulse.
We have the money and I was able to contact family and request that whatever gifts they were going to buy me, to put that money towards this instead (my birthday is in 2 weeks). This should net at least $250 towards the cost. I will also be working on some side hustles to make up the cost.
I feel super guilty, but also elated that I'll be able to partake in a pretty spectacular season.

smacpa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #620 on: February 04, 2017, 10:29:19 PM »
I bought my wife (and me) new boobs last month at $4,450.  I'm not even mad about it they are pretty awesome.

And don't even come back with "pics or it didn't happen" ;)

Dicey

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #621 on: February 04, 2017, 11:51:42 PM »

This isn't universal. They charge for water at my McD's.
In the US, you can typically get water & ice in a cup with a lid and a straw for no charge.  You may also purchase chilled, filtered water at a significantly higher price. One free with purchase, one not. I'm wild-ass guessing that tomatops resides stateside. Nothing in their profile or name to indicate location. Is it called "all-day breakfast" anywhere else?
I did it! I have a journal!
A Lot Like This
And hell yes, I am still moving confidently in the direction of my dreams...

Playing with Fire UK

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #622 on: February 05, 2017, 12:41:09 AM »

Awesome!  I love my bikes even though they don't make financial sense.  I think biking (and avoiding parking in crazy lots) does a lot to reduce my stress level.  I can't imagine parking at our local Whole Foods.  People circle the parking lot!

Short journeys > engine wear > need to replace car || waves hand in mathematical fashion || = financial sense.

dorothyc

• Stubble
« Reply #623 on: February 05, 2017, 10:33:35 AM »

Short journeys > engine wear > need to replace car || waves hand in mathematical fashion || = financial sense.

Plus lots of short journeys at low speed can cause early failure of the catalytic converter and are proportianally more polluting. I think you get a Mustachian pass on this one, Bracken_Joy

Warlord1986

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #624 on: February 05, 2017, 11:38:19 AM »
Me: I have enough clothes and I need to save money.

Me: Oh look, the consignment shop has dresses and this one is a pink halter top.

Tasty Pinecones

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #625 on: February 06, 2017, 08:11:30 AM »
I bought my wife (and me) new boobs last month at $4,450.  I'm not even mad about it they are pretty awesome.

There are always clothed pictures in profile...

Quick story: went to a dinner where a young lady mentioned she had a little "work" done. Understand that in my circle that sort of thing is pretty rare. Spent the rest of the meal trying not to look (be a gentleman). ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:21:25 AM by Tasty Pinecones »

jinga nation

• Pencil Stache
  • Left, Right, Peddlin' Shite
« Reply #626 on: February 06, 2017, 08:15:46 AM »

Didn't know fools and dunces costed that much! http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/boob
Did you get a 2-for-1 offer?
Snapchat or it didn't happen.
If I genuinely enjoy my profession and workplace, is there a reason to FIRE? Keep Calm and Carry On Milking.

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #627 on: February 06, 2017, 08:27:49 AM »
I did it I spent $255 on my Ipod Classic refurbished with the SSD. It has 256 gigs formatted to 240.  Please facepunch me...

Carlin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #628 on: February 06, 2017, 08:43:30 AM »
I did it I spent $255 on my Ipod Classic refurbished with the SSD. It has 256 gigs formatted to 240.  Please facepunch me...

Hell no!! Those things are the best, and it's devastating they don't make them anymore.  Take care of it!

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #629 on: February 07, 2017, 08:33:57 AM »
I have been hungering for one to the point I heavily considered dipping into my emergency fund(Please no facepunches I didn't do it!!) I was talked off the ledge by a part time Mustachian so I just waited for a third paycheck instead.  It seems to load very slowly but I had missed my Classic so very much....

Carlin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #630 on: February 07, 2017, 08:54:33 AM »
I have been hungering for one to the point I heavily considered dipping into my emergency fund(Please no facepunches I didn't do it!!) I was talked off the ledge by a part time Mustachian so I just waited for a third paycheck instead.  It seems to load very slowly but I had missed my Classic so very much....

My husband and I have 2- one his brother got as a teenager and handed down to him, and one I got at Gamestop when I was a teenager for about $80.  Unfortunately the aux port doesn't work on mine any longer, but I have such an amazing library on there I'm trying to find a solution.  His still works wonderfully and we use it all the time.  They're so rugged, and have so much space.   They're among our prized possessions.

onehair

• Bristles
« Reply #631 on: February 08, 2017, 11:36:25 AM »
It actually has 223 gigs after being formatted but I am not complaining in the slightest.  Now to wear down the battery listening to the whole Stephen King playlist I created plus watching movies and John Le Carre I love that guy..

Penny McSave

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #632 on: February 10, 2017, 06:20:28 PM »
The Grocery Outlet near my house had bananas marked down to $0.28/lb. So, I was like, "Hell yeah! I'm gonna get 2 packs and freeze one!"

DUH! I SHOULD HAVE GOT LIKE 10!

/sigh

JordanOfGilead

• Bristles
« Reply #633 on: February 16, 2017, 01:18:17 PM »
$600 on motorcycle safety gear (new armored jacket, snell rated helmets for each my girlfriend and I, and a mirrored visor for mine).
At least it's keeping me safe? and it should last nearly a lifetime barring any catastrophes.

prettypaperwork

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #634 on: February 18, 2017, 05:17:34 PM »
I try to keep my checking account balance low where all but about $200 is allocated to/for something.  Most of my cash is in my savings account earning interest.  I scheduled a couple of automatic transactions on Vanguard for the next couple of weeks to finish topping off my 2016 tIRA contributions, but mistakenly set the money to get pulled from my checking account instead of my savings account.  Checked my email last night and saw a notice from Chase that a $1000 external transfer happened. Oops. SO gladly wrote me a check for $1000 to cover my mistake (lucky for me he hoards his cash in his checking account), but sadly no mobile deposits allowed for overdrawn folks.  Went to the bank this morning to deposit the check, when I got my receipt my available balance was: -$585 with a present balance of $215. And I don't wanna even get into the fees I will be charged for this mishap.  :\

I guess this is why folks keep a buffer in their checking account. 

Live and learn (and I did change my primary bank account on Vanguard to my savings account).
FI by 2026 if all goes as planned.

"Sugar rots your teeth and gives you brain damage."  --Neil, The Young Ones

faithless

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #635 on: February 19, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »
I try to keep my checking account balance low where all but about $200 is allocated to/for something.  Most of my cash is in my savings account earning interest.  I scheduled a couple of automatic transactions on Vanguard for the next couple of weeks to finish topping off my 2016 tIRA contributions, but mistakenly set the money to get pulled from my checking account instead of my savings account.  Checked my email last night and saw a notice from Chase that a $1000 external transfer happened. Oops. SO gladly wrote me a check for $1000 to cover my mistake (lucky for me he hoards his cash in his checking account), but sadly no mobile deposits allowed for overdrawn folks.  Went to the bank this morning to deposit the check, when I got my receipt my available balance was: -$585 with a present balance of $215. And I don't wanna even get into the fees I will be charged for this mishap.  :\

Live and learn (and I did change my primary bank account on Vanguard to my savings account).

Yeah, I know some people like to run their current account (UK, I think this I equivalent to your checking account) to the wire to maximise savings interest, but I feel a lot more comfortable with a healthy buffer of around 750-1,000 so I don't have to think about eg the 400 higher credit card bill this month that I paid upfront for conveyancing fees (I obv have the cash, but get cashback on my credit card).

For me the loss in interest on that buffer money is worth the peace of mind (and arguably annual interest on that buffer would be wiped out by fees for any single error like yours anyway)

prettypaperwork

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #636 on: February 19, 2017, 09:24:24 AM »
I will definitely keep a larger buffer in there from now on.  And thanks for not face punching me. :)
FI by 2026 if all goes as planned.

"Sugar rots your teeth and gives you brain damage."  --Neil, The Young Ones

MrsWolfeRN

• Bristles
« Reply #637 on: February 19, 2017, 05:46:23 PM »

Yeah, I know some people like to run their current account (UK, I think this I equivalent to your checking account) to the wire to maximise savings interest, but I feel a lot more comfortable with a healthy buffer of around 750-1,000 so I don't have to think about eg the 400 higher credit card bill this month that I paid upfront for conveyancing fees (I obv have the cash, but get cashback on my credit card).

For me the loss in interest on that buffer money is worth the peace of mind (and arguably annual interest on that buffer would be wiped out by fees for any single error like yours anyway)

If this happens to me, my credit union will transfer money from savings to checking with no fees.

wauske

• Stubble
« Reply #638 on: February 21, 2017, 01:19:31 PM »
I need help guys!

1. Spent 1250,- last month on a new matras because I slept really badly on the current one. The cash was meant for bringing down the mortgage though...
2. After that, we spent another 1250,- on curtains for the living room (which we saw while browsing on the way back from buying the matras). To be fair, the current curtains are quite literally falling apart and were free because they were part of the house when we bought it. They work but that about says it all, even my mom (who is quite on the mustachian spectrum) asked me if the curtains were getting a refit?!
3. Been driving to work for 2 weeks because I can't bike 5k yet (apendix was removed 4 weeks ago), justification was that taking the bus was annoying! (it stops 3 minutes walk from my house and 5 minutes walk from the office and is a direct line)

Everything I say is my personal opinion which is based on my subjective experience.

talltexan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #639 on: February 24, 2017, 08:37:01 AM »
I bought my wife concert tickets as an anniversary gift...$150.

Then I took her out to dinner before the concert...$128. Horrified at myself. And she wanted to buy their CD's at the concert, I didn't try to stop her.

Rural

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #640 on: February 24, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »
I bought my wife concert tickets as an anniversary gift...$150.

Then I took her out to dinner before the concert...$128. Horrified at myself. And she wanted to buy their CD's at the concert, I didn't try to stop her.

If this was your 50th, no problem. :)

Seriously, if you went all out for a special anniversary and don't do things like it every year, it could be justified. If it was just an anniversary, well, those milestones will be more special if you save the big indulgences for them.

fuzzy math

• Stubble
  • Not a dude
« Reply #641 on: February 24, 2017, 07:39:10 PM »
I just bought a $475 plane ticket for a weekend trip to see a bucket list concert. Like 15 yrs of waiting for this concert. I still have to buy the tickets, and pay the airport parking, and get local transport and an Airbnb etc. Prob $700 total.

Dollar Slice

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #642 on: February 24, 2017, 08:59:50 PM »
I just bought a $475 plane ticket for a weekend trip to see a bucket list concert. Like 15 yrs of waiting for this concert. I still have to buy the tickets, and pay the airport parking, and get local transport and an Airbnb etc. Prob $700 total.

Damn. What band? :-)

faithless

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #643 on: February 25, 2017, 03:09:27 PM »
I need help guys!

1. Spent 1250,- last month on a new matras because I slept really badly on the current one. The cash was meant for bringing down the mortgage though...
2. After that, we spent another 1250,- on curtains for the living room (which we saw while browsing on the way back from buying the matras). To be fair, the current curtains are quite literally falling apart and were free because they were part of the house when we bought it. They work but that about says it all, even my mom (who is quite on the mustachian spectrum) asked me if the curtains were getting a refit?!

WTF are those curtains made of?! I really hope you've typo'd an extra 0 on there.
Mattresses are another matter, if you can't get a good night's sleep that's an issue that can affect your health, but window coverings are hardly worth dropping a fortune on?!

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #644 on: February 25, 2017, 06:16:48 PM »
A definite WTF on the curtains. I have gotten very nice living room curtains for $30 or less per pair. And you can get a king mattress from Tuft & Needle for $750.

11ducks

• Bristles
« Reply #645 on: February 26, 2017, 04:57:12 AM »
Horrendously spendy year so far- moving house wiped out January, and now paying for equipment and entrance fees for upcoming endurance/obstacle races has wiped out February. Getting married at start of April too, so I'm sure March will have plenty of unexpected costs (though we planned and saved for major wedding stuff).  Ive only saved maybe $400 in two months (instead of $1600ish I could've normally saved over this period). Developed a slight addiction to Zambreros (awesome Mexican food) and wasted way too much money (and carbs) this year too!

Today was a massive fail,  I spent usd$210 on hiking boots (which is fine as I knew the cost was coming - I have flat, narrow, hard to fit feet, and need something for a 60mile hike). Somehow was suckered into spending $70usd on three pairs of merino hiking socks. Deserve massive face punches for this. Ridiculously expensive. Hopefully I can wear them for the next decade and recoup the costs.

Tomorrow is a fresh start to get back into good habits. Got out the cash I need for the week and plan to leave my cards at home all week.  Want to get back on track so that I can save up some cash to invest this financial year.
Cheaper beans...CHEAPER BEANS! - dagiffy1

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #646 on: February 26, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »
Bought a bunch of on-sale meat. Had to throw it out because I forgot to take it out of my backpack yesterday. Stupid food safety. Stupid me.
My Cleverly Titled Journal: http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/cleverly-titled-journal/
My Cat's Facebook Page (yes, really, and I'm not above begging for likes): www.facebook.com/chicagotau
Tau now has an Instagram: www.instagram.com/chicagotau or #chicagotau
Ting referral ($25 credit!): https://zds8505smfe.ting.com/
Discover referral ($50 now and $50 after your first year!): https://refer.discover.com/s/gv3ma

fuzzy math

• Stubble
  • Not a dude
« Reply #647 on: February 26, 2017, 06:03:17 PM »

Richard Ashcroft (from the verve). Dude only tours once every 3 or 4 years and even more rarely in the US.

Dollar Slice

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #648 on: February 26, 2017, 06:39:44 PM »

Richard Ashcroft (from the verve). Dude only tours once every 3 or 4 years and even more rarely in the US.

Well, I hope you enjoy it $700 worth! I did spend that once on a weekend trip to go to a concert, but $350 of it was a charitable donation (it was a high-end benefit concert to help victims of a natural disaster).

We won't get into how much I've spent on trips which involved more than one concert. :-P

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #649 on: February 26, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »
Developed a slight addiction to Zambreros (awesome Mexican food) and wasted way too much money (and carbs) this year too!

Zambrero is so, so good. I'm lucky that there isn't one near home or work for me - I think I'd end up getting it once a fortnight or more frequently if it was convenient. As it is, I get it once every few months and REALLY enjoy it.