Author Topic: Bottled Water: ‘Marketing Trick of the Century’  (Read 2091 times)

Hawkeye

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Save on your Phone plan by switching to Tello - sign up now and we both get $10 ! Referral
Bottled Water: ‘Marketing Trick of the Century’
« on: March 12, 2017, 10:33:35 AM »
“The marking trick of the century” said John Jewell of The Week in 2014, relies on convincing consumers that bottled water is a healthier alternative to soda, when in reality it is an alternative to tap water.

http://www.investopedia.com/news/bottled-water-marketing-trick-century/

I guess it's at least not as unhealthy as soda...

General perception seems to be "healthy food is sooo expensive.. just look at Whole Foods" which is total non-sense because in almost every other country unprocessed (i.e. healthy) food is cheapest.. And when you buy the same stuff at ALDI etc. it is here as well

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
Re: Bottled Water: ‘Marketing Trick of the Century’
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 04:58:35 AM »
“The marking trick of the century” said John Jewell of The Week in 2014, relies on convincing consumers that bottled water is a healthier alternative to soda, when in reality it is an alternative to tap water.

http://www.investopedia.com/news/bottled-water-marketing-trick-century/

I guess it's at least not as unhealthy as soda...

General perception seems to be "healthy food is sooo expensive.. just look at Whole Foods" which is total non-sense because in almost every other country unprocessed (i.e. healthy) food is cheapest.. And when you buy the same stuff at ALDI etc. it is here as well
While this may be true in America, there are enough places in the world I've traveled to where bottled water is the alternative to disease and illness from tap water (where available).

Giro

• Pencil Stache
Re: Bottled Water: ‘Marketing Trick of the Century’
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:23:07 AM »
I'm so absolutely sick of hearing people say how expensive healthy food is.  No, it is NOT.  Eating out is expensive.  Stop doing that and you'll have buckets of cash to spend at the grocery. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!