Author Topic: Bankrupt UK man claims <£500 of possessions; builds 6BR manor disguised as shed  (Read 4352 times)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
http://www.domain.com.au/news/uk-fraudster-builds-sixbedroom-mansion-in-his-mums-backyard-hides-it-with-green-cladding-20160725-gqd1k6/

Inside the property the police discovered £83,000 worth of art, jewellery, antiques, designer shoes and marijuana which was being grown in a secret room

gooki

• Magnum Stache
    • My FIRE journal

stylesjl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Conspicuous consumption that's inconspicuous, great plan or perhaps he was just intending to eventually sell those assets later.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
I realize the UK definition of "shed" is somewhat more expansive than the US definition, but that's just ridiculous! Also, at the very least he should have planted trees or a tall hedge around it...!

That guy probably fancies himself some kind of "gentleman thief."

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
And yet he'll likely get less time than someone that peddles a few ounces of pot.

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
And yet he'll likely get less time than someone that peddles a few ounces of pot.
He was doing both

GrumpyPenguin

• Bristles
http://www.domain.com.au/news/uk-fraudster-builds-sixbedroom-mansion-in-his-mums-backyard-hides-it-with-green-cladding-20160725-gqd1k6/

Inside the property the police discovered £83,000 worth of art, jewellery, antiques, designer shoes and marijuana which was being grown in a secret room

That shed is fantastic! Complete with hidden rooms!

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
I'm impressed, actually. Building that place, and hiding all that stuff took talent.

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
He was doing both

Wow, can't believe I missed that.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
I like the name, "Shedley Manor".

Papa Mustache

• Handlebar Stache
If the guy did the work him/herself then they need to quit messing with the law and open a custom contracting/design business.

Stash Potato

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!