Author Topic: Antimustachian Vehicles  (Read 4183 times)

shelbyautumn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Antimustachian Vehicles
« on: March 01, 2018, 04:27:16 PM »
Spotted while driving from Jackson, MS to Chattanooga, TN. Look at that exhaust!!!

In case anyone is curious, we’re in my 2009 Corolla that I was given as a freshman in college. I will have had it for 10 years in August and don’t plan on getting rid of it! If you’re in the market for a sedan, I would 1000% reccomend a Corolla. When I lived in California and did more freeway driving I could easily get 40 mpg. Now it’s closer to 32 mpg with city driving.

Show me the crazy vehicles you see!

JLee

• Walrus Stache
Re: Antimustachian Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 04:43:33 PM »
here:

:P

shelbyautumn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:49:40 PM »
I promise I took the photos in that position, they just uploaded from my phone like that!

thunderball

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »
Wow, that's rude!  Almost as bad as the 2 "semi" pipes you sometimes see in a pickup bed... 

my Mrs. would say someone is overcompensating!

shelbyautumn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 05:52:56 PM »
Wow, that's rude!  Almost as bad as the 2 "semi" pipes you sometimes see in a pickup bed... 

My husband said the same thing!!

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 01:02:21 PM »
When driving through Texas in 2016 I saw quite a few trucks with two pipes coming out of the bed.  Overcompensating indeed!

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 01:22:51 PM »

I used to drive a Geo Metro and I would often say I was "compensating for something" if someone gave me shit about it.

Slee_stack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 01:48:56 PM »
Hah!  That's a great exhaust.  Maybe the largest O.D. I've seen on any 'passenger' vehicle ever.

Maybe the owner is intentionally trying to play a clown for laughs?

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 03:36:54 PM »
Look at that big asshole!

MilesTeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 05:07:17 PM »
When driving through Texas in 2016 I saw quite a few trucks with two pipes coming out of the bed.  Overcompensating indeed!

It's not overcompensation only, it's specifically done to be as polluting as possible. Those "smoke stacks" are added as a feature of "rolling coal", which is to deliberately disable pollution control and to otherwise modify the engine to belch as much smoke as possible. In part as a political statement against attempts to reduce car pollution.

Because humans are often defective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:09:06 PM by MilesTeg »

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 09:59:57 AM »
A couple of years back ~mid 2016.

Co-worker: How can I invest in rental properties locally? I can start saving up some money from this job. (He makes $100k+ in engineering)
Me: How much do you have saved up? Can you put 20% down on a $70k property?
CW: I have about half in cash already, can have $15k in about 2-3 months.
Me: What if you got rid off that new F-dually? That would cut down on payments, insurance, gas, maintenance. You could have the funds sooner.
CW: How would I tow my boat then?
Me: You used to tow the same boat with a small Toyota pickup. You can buy another used one for a fraction of the price of that penis-compensator you ride twice a day.
CW: You immigrants are cheap, no wonder you pay cash for everything and buy all the foreclosures. I don't want the rest of my team making fun of me.
Me: Yes, we do the work that you can't handle, and we buy everything that you can't afford. And then we rent to y'all. And BTW you're over 40, none of the guys give a shit about what you drive, wear, eat, live. They will smack talk, but that's normal. This is a military environment, give some get some. Handle it like a pro, you did 20 years, you should be used to this.
CW: I was only joking, man!
Me: If you want real advice, HTFU and GYST first to man up. Then we can talk investing man to man. Until then it'll be lecturing a man-child.

nick663

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 07:42:03 PM »

It's not overcompensation only, it's specifically done to be as polluting as possible. Those "smoke stacks" are added as a feature of "rolling coal", which is to deliberately disable pollution control and to otherwise modify the engine to belch as much smoke as possible. In part as a political statement against attempts to reduce car pollution.

The type of exhaust has nothing to do with "rolling coal."  That can be done with a bumper exit, hood exit, stacks, or anywhere else you can think to place an exhaust outlet.

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 08:18:37 PM »

The type of exhaust has nothing to do with "rolling coal."  That can be done with a bumper exit, hood exit, stacks, or anywhere else you can think to place an exhaust outlet.

Correct, rolling coal is done with tuning the ECU (I believe to make the engine run super rich), it's actually not very bad for the environment, as the carbon from this type of detonation is heavy and simply falls to the ground......but it sure does piss off hippies.

Million2000

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2018, 08:27:50 AM »

I recall a Netflix show I watched the trailer for ("I don't belong in this world" or something along those lines), the only reason I even remember it is because the trailer showed this girl behind this jacked up truck with truck nuts "rolling coal" with her saying "everyone is an asshole". I about died laughing, those trucks truly are the embodiment of small penis syndrome. Also love the memes with "Nice truck, sorry about your penis". I use MMM's phrase alot when I see them in real life "gas prices are still way too low".

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2018, 09:04:04 AM »
Correct, rolling coal is done with tuning the ECU (I believe to make the engine run super rich), it's actually not very bad for the environment, as the carbon from this type of detonation is heavy and simply falls to the ground......but it sure does piss off hippies.

What is your source for this information?

Black carbon produced by burning diesel in this manner is "one of the largest drivers of climate change" - http://www.catf.us/methane/black_carbon/diesel/.

The EPA has explicitly said that rolling coal contravenes the clean air act - https://www.4wheelparts.com/4x4/rolling-coal.aspx