Author Topic: 300$ Breakfast  (Read 3624 times)

hybrid

• Handlebar Stache
  • A hybrid of MMM and thoughtful consumer.
Re: 300$ Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 12:09:52 PM »
There certainly is no lack of ridiculous ways for the well-heeled to piss away money.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:49:26 PM »
"$300 Grand Cru Slam champagne brunch, which also comes with a high-five from the bartender."

I'm in!  I love high-fives!

It's probably a PR stunt, “Even if no one orders it,” he said, “it’s worth the chuckle you might get when you look at the menu.”

RFAAOATB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 01:52:10 PM »
There certainly is no lack of ridiculous ways for the well-heeled to piss away money.

There better be.  Capital accumulates to the top, so whatever gimmick that gets the rich spending helps.

There's only so many yachtbuilders the world can employ, why not spend some at Denny's?

gimp

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 02:04:52 PM »
Nobody's going to buy this, but congratulations, you just gave them advertising for free, which is exactly why they broadcasted this. They want everyone to mock them, or the hypothetical customers, because that keeps people thinking about Denny's. Oh, by the way, I'm hungry and I'm driving and here's Denny's, let me go stop and eat there.

Stop it, stop falling for it.

theonethatgotaway

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 06:06:57 PM »
Have you guys not been to NYC?

It's satire. Everyone in nyc 'loves' to brunch, and boozy brunch at that. Every place offers cheapish brunch and loads of places offer all you can drink brunch. My local steakhouse did all you can drink (open bar) brunch with steak and eggs for $25. They had to limit it to 2 hours at the table since people can drink!

Anyway it's funny. That's all.

jprince7827

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 10:55:07 AM »
We all know some asshole is gonna order it at least once a week.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!