Around the Internet > Antimustachian Wall of Shame and Comedy

$78,000 of debt for a Harvard theatre degree

(1/3) > >>

mustachepungoeshere:

--- Quote ---...students receive modest financial aid and leave with a median of $78,000 in debt in exchange for a master of liberal arts degree from the Harvard Extension School.

In contrast, the loan debt average for master of fine arts students at Yale School of Drama tends to be around $14,000...
--- End quote ---

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/theater/harvard-graduate-theater-debt.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Sibley:
I didn't know Yale or Harvard had a theater degree.

sufjork:

--- Quote from: Sibley on August 16, 2017, 02:51:23 PM ---I didn't know Yale or Harvard had a theater degree.

--- End quote ---

Yale's grad program is actually quite renowned. I have a BFA in set design (not from Yale) and some of my professors studied at Yale. Plenty of Broadway designers studied there (and, of course, plenty didn't).

Dicey:
Isn't Meryl Streep a Yale Drama School graduate?

WhiteTrashCash:
These kinds of stories have been coming up less frequently lately because Millennials have learned that it's a lie when they are told to "Do what you love and the money will come." The reality is to get a degree in STEM because that's how you make money and you do what you love on nights and weekends. When these stories appear these days, they are usually from older people going back to school or people who lived really sheltered lives that prevented them from picking up currently widely available knowledge and life skills. It's still a shame when it happens, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version