Around the Internet > Antimustachian Wall of Shame and Comedy

$200 Dinner At Disney

(1/14) > >>

Khaetra:
I have been to Disney, many times in fact.  The nice thing is they allow you to bring food and drinks in and you can bypass the $13 hot dog and fries or any of the other offerings (although I have a weak spot for Dole Whips).  I don't do character meals or sit-down meals when I've gone (I find the food edible, but nothing amazing or really worth the price), but I know many who do and they are willing to spend this.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-news/be-our-guest-beauty-and-the-beast-restaurant-makeover

sparkytheop:
The price ($55 for adults, $35 for kids under 10) seem on par with most three-course-meal offerings I've seen in tourist areas, but it is more expensive than the lower priced meals you can find elsewhere in the park.  It does say at the end of the video that kid's meals (and desserts) are still available, so I'm guessing those would be cheaper.

Our three-course dinner in actual France was more expensive at a fancy restaurant, but I'd have a hard time buying a three-course meal for a picky five-year-old and would just choose not to go if that was the case (unless the kid's meal is much cheaper).  As the "lucky" parent of a non-picky child with an expensive palette, I had the opposite problem and would set the price limit for any meals he wanted to try.

I'm the type who makes my own food for 90% of the meals, but will splurge on that last 10%.  I don't order drinks though, so I always get a shock seeing the bills for people who do!

Khaetra:
I got lucky with my son, who is an adventurous eater and if we did eat at a buffet at the parks he would grab a bit of everything.  I cringe when I hear of parents spending oodles on those dinners, only to have their kids eat one nugget and a bite of mac and cheese.  I know it's for the experience of eating with characters or eating in the castle, but good grief it's expensive.

MayDay:
We did Disney last summer, and mostly packed our own food in, eating two counter service meals. Those two meals were ok but not spectacular.

H and I went out for one evening (my parents babysat) and went to a sit-down place. The Japanese place in Epcot. We thought it was way over priced and mediocre at best. I was confused going in because some people have about the nicer restaurants and others say they aren't great. I feel like the ravers must be used to going out at Applebee's or something.

My dad took my daughter to a princess breakfast and she did love it, but holy $$$$$. And as soon as we got home from the trip she threw away all her princess souvenir junk because she is a minimalist. Oh well.

Never again will we go to Disney but I'm glad we did it once.

talltexan:
The lunch menu at Beast's castle is much more reasonable. At least two things I've eaten there were among the most amazing things I've ever tasted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version